2021 Commonwealth Scholarship to Study in Australia and Canada
This scholarship is offered every year, the 2020 edition is already ongoing and the application should begin shortly. If you are interested in studying in Australia? Canada? UK? You can grab any of these scholarship opportunities
This is a full-time sponsored research programme for students of the commonwealth origin. Candidate from the 53 member state of commonwealth of nations are eligible to apply for the Australian and Canadian Government sponsored Commonwealth scholarships, which are awarded during one main round offer. They provide a living allowance so you can commit to full-time study.
Sponsors: Australian and Canadian Government
Scholarship Level: Masters & PhD degree for international students.
Eligible Countries: International Students from commonwealth nations
To be taken at (country): Any Australian and Canadian University
Offered annually? Yes
Type: Masters, PhD
Criteria For Selection: Scholarships are granted on the basis of academic merit, which includes your undergraduate grade point average and extra research attainments.
Eligibility: To be eligible for scholarship candidate must:
- written statement of support from a UON supervisor
- an satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5, 7.0 in some disciplines)
- met admission eligibility criteria
- be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarship: A scholarship funded by Australian an Canadian Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $26, 682 per annum (2017 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
- a relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
- a full tuition fee scholarship
- overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students and their dependents)
Duration of Scholarship: PhD scholarships are for three years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
How to Apply
- Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship
- New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as Applying For Admission.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details
To follow up on this application you should comment keep me updated in the comment section
Notes: Make sure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal.