Obama Scholarship Program Online Application
The applications for the Obama Scholarship program are currently open for 2019 session! This is your chance to get yourself admitted to the University of Chicago and study for free in the USA, sponsored under Obama Scholarship Program. This scholarship is open for international students and the students holding passports or US nationals can apply on a Full Ride Scholarship programwhich is also offered in over 86 US universities every year.
Obama Scholarship Program 2019 Online Applications Started
The Obama Scholarship program is aimed at supporting passionate, cooperative and revolutionary young leaders from across the globe with the help of an advanced one-year academic program.
Here’s a complete list of all the degree courses available for you under the Obama Scholarship at the University of Chicago:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) Program
- Data and Policy Summer Scholar Program
- Master of Arts in Public Policy with Certificate in Research Methods (MACRM)
- MPP/JD Program
- Master of Science in Environmental Science and Policy (MSESP)
- Master of Arts in International Development and Policy (Obama Foundation Scholars Program)
- MPP/MA Program
- Master of Arts in Public Policy and International Relations (AM/MA)
- MPP/MBA Program
- Master’s Degree, Part-Time (Evening) Master of Arts in Public Policy (EMP)
- MPP/MDiv Program
- BA/MPP (Professional Option)
- Master of Science in Computational Analysis and Public Policy (MSCAPP)
- Master of Arts (MA) Program (1 Year)
- BA/MSCAPP Program
- International Innovation Corps
- Doctoral Program (Ph.D.)
- Civic Leadership Academy
Obama Scholarship Coverage & Benefits
The Obama Scholarship program is an extraordinary scholarship program that offers a number of perks to its recipients which incorporate the following:
- Obama Scholarship covers your tuition fee.
- Obama Scholarship provides a stipend for your books and other course materials.
- Obama Scholarship provides you with a living stipend along with housing options.
- Obama Scholarship provides you with a medical insurance.
- Obama Scholarship provides you with opportunities regarding out-of-class activities and programs.
- It also covers all of your travel costs.
Obama Scholarship Program Eligibility
If you want to study at the University of Chicago under the Obama Scholarship program, then you must fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:
- You must have a significant employment experience (of approximately 3-5 years).
- You must have a significant number of professional achievements.
- You must have a previous record of work regarding the welfare of the society or community (via previous employment or outside of employment).
- You must have a clear view regarding global issues or policy challenges.
- You must commit that you’ll return back to your country after the completion of the program.
- You must also commit that you’ll utilize your skills and reinvest them in your society after the completion of the program.
One of the plus points of the Obama Scholarship program is that the program is available for students and leaders all across the World without any geographical discrimination.
How to apply for the Obama Scholarship Program?
The Obama Scholarship program (2019) consists up of two separate application deadlines as follows:
- A Priority Deadline
- A Secondary Deadline
You’ll have a better chance at selection if you apply before the Priority Deadline.
Here’s a list of all the deadlines. In case you submit an Information Request, you’ll receive the notification regarding the deadlines.
- Secondary Deadline – January 1, 2019
- The release of the notifications of admission and scholarship decisions – March 2019
- Deadline for admission acceptance –Spring 2019
- Arrival in Chicago for the Orientation of the Obama Scholarship Program – August 2019
- Obama Scholarship Program Leadership Week – Late Summer 2019
- Welcome Week – September 2019
- Classes begin – Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Obama Scholarship Program Requirements
You are required to complete the online application for Obama Scholarship program and upload the below-mentioned documents:
- You’re required to submit all the unofficial transcripts via the online application procedure, however, you’ll be required to submit all the official transcripts upon admission.
- Although the GRE is not compulsory, you’re free to submit your GRE test scores (or any other relevant test scores).
- TOEFL or IELTS is compulsory, therefore, you’re required to submit your scores from either of them.
- You’re required to demonstrate at least 3 to 5 years of employment experience; therefore, you must attach a resume containing all of your employment history as well as relevant information.
- You’re required to submit 3 letters of recommendation online (or a hard copy) and at least one of them should be from any of your previous professors (who’ll be able to confirm your study as well as your work-related achievements).
- You’re required to submit a 300-word motivation letterthat must answer why you’re willing to pursue a graduate degree in public policy.
- You’re required to submit two 400-wordscholarship essays on the following topics:
- Describe your current work. Why did you select this work? What challenges have you faced? What have you done to overcome those challenges?
- Describe the influence you aim to have across the globe. How will this Obama scholarship programhelp you accomplish this goal? What are your plans after the completion of this program? In case you’re not selected, what plans do you have?
Obama Scholarship deadline