The below scholarships require you to share a personal experience, struggles you’ve faced, places you’ve visited and more!
1. moveBuddha Scholarship – Up to $1,000 – Apply annually by February 1
For the thousands of college students who enroll in out-of-state schools every year, the thought of moving far away from home can be anxiety inducing. That’s why moveBuddha is calling you to share your moving-to-college story, to help future students! The student who submits the best story will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to be spent on tuition, books, or other expenses.
2. Flight Network Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply by December 31
Write a 500-1000 word essay about a travel related experience or topic.
3. Drive to Learn Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by July 1
Think about your most memorable experiences—both good and bad—as a driver and/or a passenger. Those experiences might have helped you learn something about yourself or life in general. Write a short essay about one of these experiences for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship.
4. Promises Annual Scholarship – Up to $6,000 – Apply annually by December 31
Addiction and mental health disorders have significant impacts on the life of both those who suffer and their family and friends. Promises Treatment Centers has been dedicated to helping young people and adults receive high quality treatment for more than 25 years. Each year, the center offers $10,000 in scholarships to be shared between 3 winners.
5. Spirit Button Academic Scholarship – $2,000 – Apply annually by August 1
Write a 700 – 1,000 word essay on the topic “what inspires me the most in life and why?”
6. The Zebra Tour Guide Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by January 31
The Zebra’s annual scholarship seeks to alleviate the financial pressures of college-bound students, while also getting an insider view of the different states.
7. Hackard Law Academic Scholarship – $2,500 – Apply by August 15
Do you take pride in assisting the elderly? Then this scholarship might be for you!
8. Verbal Ink Transcription Services Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply annually by April 15
All interested students must submit a 500-1,000 word essay on the following topic: Share a story about how language has helped you find your voice.
9. Future Leaders Scholarship – $3,000 – Apply annually by July 15
The Official Coupon Code Leadership Team is offering $3000 to one lucky winner via the Future Leaders Scholarship. Write an essay no longer than 1000 words addressing three simple questions.
10. Share Your Talent Scholarship – $500 – Apply annually by August 1
Write a short essay explaining your journey honing your talent and how others have encouraged you.
11. Upgraded Points Scholarship Essay Contest – $1,000 – Apply by December 1
Write a 500-700 word essay on the following topic: Share an experience where you traveled and found beauty in another culture.
12. The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program -$1,000 – Apply annually by August 29
Are you proud of something you’ve overcome? What would this scholarship mean to you? Answer these question for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship!
13. The Yust Gallery Scholarship Contest – $1,000 – Apply annually by August 31
Write a short essay explaining your ability or skill and why you are passionate about it, and then create a how-to video demonstrating your activity or skill.
14. The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship – $4,000 – Apply biannually by March 31 & December 1
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is proud to award $4,000 to one student each semester whose life has been impacted by cancer.
[alert-announce]Want to win scholarship money? See this step-by-step scholarship guide![/alert-announce]
15. Silver Cross Scholarship Program – $1,500 – Apply annually by December 15
Silver Cross offers an annual $1,500 scholarship for full-time college and university students using mobility equipment: a power wheelchair, manual wheelchair, or mobility scooter.
16. Reservation Counter General Scholarship – $1,500 – Apply biannually by May 31 & November 1
Reservation Counter is an online hotel accommodation provider that is interested in granting hard working college students a $1,500 scholarship.
17. Race to Inspire Scholarship – $500 – Apply annually by August 15
Race Entry offers a $500 scholarship to a student runner with a winning essay. Apply by August 15 each year for your chance to win.
18. The Just Porter Backpack Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply biannually by August 31 & January 15
Write a 500-750 word essay that demonstrates the power of creativity in your life.
19. Life Lessons Scholarship Program – $15,000 – Apply annually by March 1
Life Happens sponsors the annual Life Lessons Scholarship Program which awards up to $15,000 to the grand prize winner. Submit either a 500-word essay OR a 3-minute video discussing how the death of your parent or guardian affected your life financially and emotionally.
20. Dodson Law Scholarship for Brain Injury Victims & Their Caregivers – $1,500 – Apply by November 30
Write a 500 word essay on the following topic: “Tell us how having a brain injury has changed your life. If you are a caregiver or a family member of someone who has a brain injury, please write your essay on how it has impacted you and/or your family’s life.”
21. Inspirational College Scholarship – $1,000 – Apply annually by March 15
Motivationalwellbeing.com offers a $1000 college scholarship to a student who inspires other students with their story!